Data Governance and Compliance
Data governance is the process of managing the availability, usability, integrity, and security of data used by an organization. Compliance refers to the adherence to legal, regulatory, and industry standards related to data management and security.
Liztek data governance and compliance approach is essential to ensure that the data collected and analyzed is accurate, secure, and compliant with applicable laws and regulations. Here are some key considerations for data governance and compliance in observability:
Liztek adapts following approach towards Data Governance & Compliance.
- Data classification: Liztek approach is to classify the data collected by observability systems based on its sensitivity, importance, and the regulations that apply to it. This will help in determining the appropriate security controls, access policies, and retention requirements for the data.
- Access control: Liztek approach is to Implement appropriate access controls for observability data to ensure that only authorized users have access to it. This approach includes role-based access control, multi-factor authentication, and least privilege access.
- Data retention: Liztek approach is to establish retention policies for observability data to ensure that it is retained for the appropriate period of time and then disposed of securely.
- Data protection: Liztek approach is to Implement appropriate data protection mechanisms, such as encryption and anonymization, to ensure that sensitive data is protected from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Audit and monitoring: Liztek approach is to monitor access to observability data and perform regular audits to ensure compliance with data governance and security policies. This includes monitoring for unauthorized access attempts, unusual data access patterns, and other security incidents.
Overall, Liztek data governance and compliance approaches are critical considerations in observability systems to ensure that sensitive data is protected and managed appropriately. Organizations should establish policies, procedures, and controls to manage observability data and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and industry standards.